CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 02, 2008

D-day (Decluttering Day)

Well, today my mom kept my children for a few hours so I could bite into some of this clutter that is stressing me. First, I started in the bedroom and spent an hour in there. I only made it to my closet. I got rid of a huge garbage bag of clothes and shoes. I swept in the closet (under the shoes--gets really dirty) and straightened it up some. I only got about 10% of my decluttering done in there--still have do do chest of drawers and dresser drawers, not to mention under the bed--but I only allowed myself an hour. I knew if I spent all day in my bedroom, it would look as if I had accomplished nothing in the rest of the house.

After each hour, I would take a 15-minute break to do some of my regular cleaning and washing sheets. In Erin & Emory's room, I cleaned out dresser drawers and underneath the dresser (the horrors!) That was also about 10% of decluttering done. Lastly, I worked for an hour in the living room/dining room, and about 30 minutes in the kitchen and it was time to get the kiddos.

My dh was home, so I had him intermidently doing honey dos, such as hanging pictures that have been postponed due to a baby always being a sleep. I rearranged my living room on Saturday and I'm loving the new arrangement. Upon my completion of decluttering, I plan to rearrange both bedrooms as well. I can't wait to have things finished! I hope my mom can keep my children once a week until I can get this done.

I'm still getting lots of squash! I will have to post some squash recipes I'm planning on trying! :)

Evan still isn't sleeping very well, but I'm hanging in there. He is so sweet...tonight he fell asleep with his hand wrapped around my hair.

Thanks for the comments of encouragement/advice! I really appreciate it.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Decluttering is always fun..especially when you find something you lost say a year ago :)
We are preparing for a move so I have been decluttering here and there for a few weeks now, either throwing stuff out or donating it to the thrift store.
Sometimes I will find something and be like 'and why did I keep this again?' :)

Even though you may have not gotten everything done, you began the process and did something and that's all that matters :)

God Bless You!
Dawn