CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Conservatism..what does it mean to me?

What does being conservative mean to me? For a true Christian, being conservative isn't a choice, it is a way of life. If one lives by the Word of God then he cannot ignore such scriptures such as, "Come out from among them and be ye separate..." and "....in the world but not of the world" and so forth. There is no way that we can serve both God and the devil. First of all, how does one serve God after he or she is saved? By dying daily! Paul said, "I die daily". We must crucify this flesh, this mortal body. Each of us should know our downfalls and our shortcomings. We know the area in which we are most vulnerable. I know mine. I know that I must cleanse these things from my mind or body before they are ever an issue. This is dying daily. We die on our knees. Right?

What does this have to do with conservatism? Well, a 'dead' Christian won't allow Satan or the carnality and wordliness he initiates to penetrate his soul. Thus, being 'set apart'. Being separate from the world means one lives Holy and desires a pure life. This is opposite of the 'world'.

You should stand apart from this world. People should be able to tell you are a Christian, even from your countenance. Ask God to give you a Holy Aura (sp?) about you that others will know you are a Christian. People should know you are a Christian because you don't dress the way unsaved people dress. You are modest and look like the gender God made you. Your actions show you are 'set apart'. You aren't rude or discourteous like people 'of the world'. Lastly, you take the scriptures literally. You aim to please God and to live a dedicated life.

Being conservative is NOT a drudgery or something shameful. It is synonomous with being a Christian. Wouldn't you like to stand out for Jesus?? I would love to walk into a room of sinners and have them drop their heads in shame for their sins. I want so much more of God. How much can a person have of him? I want all that I can receive!

Just a small blog in which my thoughts are askew. Some of my words may be used wrong--anyway...my dear husband reads my blogs and I need to use the correct spelling and grammar. Under scrutiny!! :) Just kidding. Gotta love an intelligent man! :)

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

Amen Sista!!