CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Updates, continued

Well, I have a new update for me: I have the FLU! Yes, you read that right. Mom, the invincible one! I had no symptoms during the day on Monday. Monday evening, I started having this dry cough and scratchy throat. By late Monday night, the fever started and the aches. By Tuesday morning, I knew I had the full blown flu! I remember the symptoms well from when I had it in 1996. Yesterday was bad. I alternated between burning up and freezing. My temps were around 102-103. This morning around 3am, my fever broke. I woke up to pump and the sheets, my clothes, my hair, and my skin was soaked. I haven't had much fever since (maybe 99) but I am so.incredibly.weak. I can't stand past 5 minutes and I start feeling dizzy or like I might pass out. I was going to try to go to school tomorrow (I'm not getting paid for my time out, b/c I used up my days when Evan was born), but I am so weak, I don't think I can make it. I guess it's all the fighting my body is doing to get well? It is an epidemic around here, but I guess I thought I surely wouldn't get it. :) So far, noone else has come down with it in my immediate family (FIL just got over it). Mom kept the kids all day yesterday and last night and today. She said Evan did really well being away from me during the night. I'm so glad. I was worried because he likes to nurse all night long. I miss him and have something to tell you in my Evan update! Well, I guess I'm on the mend, slowly but surely. At least I got to finish the book I have been reading so slowly. I am about to place an order on Amazon for my next reading! :)

Evan: Well, the most exciting news is that yesterday morning, he said, "Mama"! Just as plain as day! He continued to do it throughout the morning as well. I walked in the bedroom and he stuck up his head and said, "mama"! I was sooo excited. I have been working with him on it for the past few weeks, while changing him, etc. I checked Erin's baby book and her first word was at the end of 7 months. Evan just turned 6 months! Another talk-a-holic! :) He is so cute--I've got to get another picture on here. I may do that when I finish blogging. He got his second haircut on Saturday. He looks so growny! He still isn't crawling or pulling up, but I think it is b/c I hold him all the time!

Erin: She is still such a joy to be around. She is so good with saying "please" (pwease), "thank you", and "Excuse me". I can't credit myself for teaching her good manners, I guess my mom worked with her on that. She still has her stubborn moments, but she is in the ripe stage of learning good vs. evil. She still likes to be Ms. Helper (when SHE thinks of the idea). :)

Emory: He is learning some work ethic with Daddy. He is a good boy most of the time. They get a bean in a jar for good behavior so everything he does that he thinks is being good, he will say, do I get a bean? LOL I'll try to post a pic of him helping Daddy gather wood.

Daddy: He is still awesome. Been taking care of me during my sickess. Making me teas, bringing me vitamins, etc. He tickles me how he is so germ concious though. He will wash his hands for 5 minutes after touching something I've touched. He is careful to distance himself from me. I am so not germ concious. I don't even make the kids wash their hands before meals! Isn't that horrible? I guess that is one thing I view as taking up time and being petty. I guess I can try to do better!

In general: Well, I'm not sure what I'm going to speak on next women's meeting, but I am going to order some books to give away as prizes. Probably Created to Be His Helpmeet and Passionate Housewives Desperate for God. I may even order some Raising Godly Tomatoes books (Did you know they had a book out, Kugoi?) to give away to parents of smaller children. Anyway, be prayerful of me about that meeting and also about my getting my priorities in order (like last post).

I txted my sister yesterday morning and told her I had the flu. Well, guess what? She came down with it too! On the same day as I did. Same symptoms. Everything. She lives 6 hrs. away! Isn't that crazy! I guess we are still bonded more than we know. I love my sister like crazy! I regret the days I let lapse when I don't talk to her.

My SIL (AMY) and her family have been down for a couple of weeks. We have enjoyed having them close by. She came and took care of me some yesterday, jeopardizing her pregnancy by exposing herself to the flu. I really appreciated that. I pray she doesn't get it. We had a blast on Saturday taking our kids to the park. They had a great time playing together. We Adults had a good time too. My husband went along as well. I was so glad to have him there for the extra help!! :)

My dryer has quit working. I'm having to dry everything on the clothesline or the rails of my back porch ramp. That would normally be ok, but we have had sucky weather times 1000, so my clothes won't dry as well. Yesterday, it was 70 degrees, wind blowing, perfect for drying clothes. I woke up at 3:50 pm with it storming, tornado warnings out, etc. I had to go out in the yard in my flu-induced state, and pick up clothes all over the yard. Well, by this morning, the clothes hanging on the line on my back porch were damp and cold (and had previously already dried before the storm). UGH. Mama took some clothes with her last night to wash and dry. Bless her. This weather is awful. We have had more tornado warnings this year than ever! I am so scared of tornados, I think that is tops on my list. I see the destruction they cause and really there's not much you can do if you are in the path of one (if you don't have a storm shelter). I'm starting to beg my husband to build us one. I got out yesterday with the sirens going off and rode up to my MIL's house. I couldn't stand the thought of being by myself during a tornado. Mom had to get the kids in the closet at her house as well (20 miles away). I'm thankful we were spared from one. WEll, the outcome of the story is that here we are less than 24 hours from the tornado warnings and it is 35 degrees! LOL Crazy weather!

Feeling as weak as ever...gotta go lie down!! :)

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

Sorry to hear about your flu! I hope your kids don't get it. Glad to hear the kids are doing so well. I admit, I'm jealous about the talking. Genesis is my earliest talker, who said her first non-babble word at 13 months, lol.

I did know that RGT has a book out, but I've heard it's mostly the same as the website, which I've practically printed out the whole site anyways, lol so I'll save my money. How is Passionate Housewives? I've been wanting to read it, but it's just not in the budget right now.