CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Poor Little Girl and whatever else I want to say

Poor Erin is going through the terrible twos head-on. I know she isn't the worst case scenario by far, but still she is into testing the limits and disobeying quite frequently. She doesn't disobey rebelliously, if that makes sense. Example: I say, "Come here, Erin, and let's put your shoes on." "I'm just going to play with my baby doll a little longer." It's not like she's saying, "NO" kicking and screaming, but still it's disobedience. I'm trying hard to be consistent with her and I'm amazed at her stubbornness! Case in point: she had gone under the house a few times with the dog. This had already happened 3 or 4 times and she got disciplined all times. The other day, Emory was in the pool, she got out and I couldn't see her. I first of all had told her to stay where I could see her, so she broke that commandment. Then, I go look for her and she is under the house, second commandment broken. Lastly, she will not come out from under the house because she knows I am upset with her and she will get disciplined. I have to basically go under the house to drag her out (you don't want that image). I was seeing stars and could not believe how stubborn this child was. Today she wrote all over her walls with a red crayon. It is embedded into her little brain that she writes only on paper. We tell her that all the time. So, she gets her discipline from her daddy. An hour later, my mom goes in her room (they were visiting) and says, "Oh no, Erin has written all over the walls". It was in blue this time! I made her 'scrub' (she couldn't get any of it off) and then I used a little elbow grease along with my laundry detergent concoction (it's abrasive) and got it off after 20 minutes of scrubbing. She still got punished. It's trying to me. but I know if I'm consistent it will pay off. I do worry sometimes if we are making her grow up too quick because she is A. so smart and B. getting a new sibling or C. already has an older sibling and is just expected to fall right in there with him. Like with sleeping. She knows she is not to get up out of her bed after we say good night. Well at least every other night she will try the old, "I've gotta teetee" when we've just taken her before bed and she gets in trouble. (We do let her try to go, for the record) Sometimes I do wonder if she's just scared or wants to cuddle or just be little, ya know? Like, since December (she was still 1 yrs old) she has been in her big bed, sleeping by herself, not allowed to get up after we lay her down, etc. Then, I'm scared if I start just laying down with her a little (for comfort's sake), she will expect that and I can't do that every night with a newborn. Lord knows, I can't rock her at this point. Every single time I pray, I pray for wisdom with my children. I need it.

My dear husband started on my kitchen floor today. Every since we've moved in the house, we have just had old boards down for the floor (we took up the old linoleum when we moved in expecting to replace it immediately). The boards were very unstable and we've all just about fallen through at some point. He worked on replacing boards today and hopefully we can have some linoleum in by next weekend or so. I look forward to doing a few improvements to the house over the next few months. God is blessing us financially to do some repairs! Thank God.

Temperatures have been record the last 2 days. The heat is definitely on. We have 2 window units in our LR/DR/ktch aren and it just didn't do it today and yesterday. I finished up my spring cleaning for the living room today. I finished scrubbing the walls, wiped down a chair and a recliner, cleaned off a lamp table, cleaned out the fireplace (including vacuuming around it), and cleaned up the mantle. I also took down the light fixtures including the ceiling fan lights and cleaned them. I cleaned the ceiling fan blades as well. I just wish I could do every room before this baby comes, but I know it's not possible!

Funny things from my kiddos today: Emory and Erin were watching something and Erin said to Emory, "Look at those 'mingos'". Emory replied, "No Erin, it's not 'mingos, it's LA-mingos". Now say, "LA-mingos." It was hilarious. I was in the kitchen, hysterical. He really was teaching her to enunciate! Kids are so cute.

My tooth has started throbbing some again. I took a tylenol tonight, reluctantly. I hope to hold out with it, but I don't know if I will. I don't want to get infection in places I shouldn't.

Wishing all to stay cool!

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

I get you on the terrible twos and wondering if you're making them grow up too fast. I have the same issues with my 2yo. And in a 4yo who's "mean" without meaning to be and you've got one confused mama. All we can do is keep praying!

Yay for the spring cleaning! I should get some done around here, but there's always some excuse, and hopefully we will actually be moving soon.

Yay for the kitchen floor as well! I'm sure it'll be nice to have a real floor again.

DiPaolo Home said...

I know what your going through. I have a 2 yr old. and he can be a handful sometimes. He is actually going through the biting stage. which is very hard to break. any advise? I started laying down with Caleb a little and now he expects me to lay down every night with him. but we are gradually getting out of that. Glad to hear everyone is doing good. hope to talk to you later