CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The way my children turn out depend on what I decide about their education...

Here are just a few reasons why I will homeschool....
*from http://home.rmci.net/abell Some have been revised for my personal preference.

1. Because I think schools damage a child's self-image, ability to make unassisted decisions, motivation, trust in him/herself.

2. Because I think I am more intelligent and more capable than any teacher my child might have in a school (hee..esp since I am a teacher)

3. Because I think my *children* are more intelligent and more capable than any teacher they might have in a school (well, don't you?).

4. Because I think schools shortchange girls in science and math education and encourage violence in boys.

5. Because I do not value traditional measures of success.

6. Because what I learned in school definitely should not have taken 13 years to learn. (more like 3, maybe)

7. Because I don't trust people who don't love my children and who don't have their best interests at heart.

8. Because I don't want my children's socialization to be hampered by being stuck with a random group of 25 agemates for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week.

9. Because I don't believe in traditional measures of "appropriate" child behavior (what child should have to sit still for 5 hours a day??).

10. Because I want my children to have the freedom and flexibility to learn what, when, and how they choose.

More later.....

7.

NaturalMamaX2

0 comments: