CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Happy, Sad, Disappointed all in one day!


Happy:

Today we had Evan a birthday party after church. His grandparents and great-grandparents were all there (with the exception of my grandmother in the nursing home) and a few close friends with their children. I have pictures on my MIL's camera I hope to upload tomorrow night. He really had a great time. He dove face first into the cake and finally picked it up and eat it! He enjoyed playing with his presents. Everyone brought a dish, so we had some good food--just enough for everyone. I'm so proud of my sweet, little one year old. What a gift from God!


Sad:

Today when I got home from the party, I went out to feed the dog and cats. Gabby, our rat terrier, wasn't there to get her feed. Thinking this was unusual, I went out and called her for a bit. I went in and told Dh that I couldn't find Gabby. He told me that he had noticed that she hadn't come to him last night when he was at his car. I went walking a little further in the yard looking for her. Finally, I got in my car and drove around. I had just got to the end of our road, getting ready to turn out on the highway, when I saw her in the ditch. I could tell she was dead immediately. We live a little ways from the highway, but I'm thinking she followed one of us out to the road and a car hit her. She was the best little dog!! We had just got her in April. She really was the perfect dog, gentle and playful, just the right size. I will deeply miss her, as will the kids. She was Erin's best pal. I was really frustrated that she died. That is the second dog this year! :( Another thing is a dear reader of my blog and a cousin of mine has had a spot discovered on her lung. She had a biopsy done yesterday and things aren't looking too good. She has a 1 yr old son and is in her early twenties. Brandy, we're praying for you!!!!

Lastly, my best friend for many, many years had her sweet baby girl taken to be with the Lord one year ago today. She's in my thoughts tonight.


Disappointed:

We voted on a pastor tonight at our church. We have two candidates. The candidate that we felt like was God's will for our church was voted on tonight. He had to have 80% to get in as pastor. He got 73%. I was so disappointed. He is a great preacher and a prayer warrior. I don't see any reason for someone not to vote for him, but the other candidate is kin to some in the church. Anyway, just a little disappointed. God is still sovereign though. He knows where we are. He is still in control.


Back to the proverbial drawing board tomorrow. I could be starting back to school (teaching) tomorrow, but praise the Lord, I'll be with my babies!! Thanks be unto the Lord for that prayer answered.

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

Yeah for not goign back to work tommorow (I guess that would be today, lol). It's so nice to be teaching your babies instead isn't it? I'm so sorry about your dog and your friend. Just remember, that God cares even about the little things.