CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thumbs up!!

I give my new schedule a HUGE thumbs up! I got everything on my schedule completed and had lots of extra time to spend with the kids. I also didn't spend time rocking the baby today, which takes up sometimes 30 minutes at the time. We are CIO, baby, no looking back. He is old enough to know that I'm not forsaking him and he knows that he is in his pack and play to SLEEP! :o) Anyway, I'm looking forward to having him trained in the sleep dept.

Today was a good day. We spent more than our 'allowed' time outside because the weather was nice and we were having fun. I taught Emory how to play kickball and he loved it. The kids all took their naps at the same time this afternoon which has been really rare here lately. I got all my chores done which included, sweeping/mopping LR/DR, sweeping porch/sidewalk (I even repotted 2 flowers), watered all flowers/plants, folded kids' clothing and put away, and I even had a little computer time! We had tacos for supper, which didn't take much meal prepping.

What do I credit my successful day? Getting up before my kiddos and reading my Bible this morning! (Put me in a good mind-frame)

Speaking of reading the Bible, this morning as I was reading, Emory wanted to fix a surprise for me. Well when I came inside, he had everyone (including Evan and Daddy--who wasn't there) a full bowl of cereal. He had poured Chocolate ORGANIC (expensive) Soy milk in each bowl and fixed everyone a huge glass of OJ. He had had a couple of spills too which he had awkwardly gotten up. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I just smiled. Smiled at his smiling face when he saw I was, er, pleased. Smiled at him for being so thoughtful and responsible. So, I ate the extra, extra sweet cereal with a happy heart. We had a few bowls left over since Erin wouldn't touch hers and well, Evan's not into cereal/choc milk yet. Of course, Daddy's bowl as well.

Emory also has a somewhat loose tooth!!! I can't believe it! :)

Well, I've stayed up late tonight working on the budget/bills, but I had put it off long enough.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah that's so sweet preparing breakfast. I guess he didn't want to leave anybody out. :o)

Glad the new schedule is working, I must update mine.

Susan. :o)

Pint-Size Princess said...

I"m so glad your day went well and your new schedule is working!

That is very sweet of Emory to do that. And I've had those "oh honey, that was so sweet and thoughtful of you!" while groaning inwardly, lol. But it's worth it, istn' it?