CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 19, 2006

Random musings....

Am I the only person who actually conversates with myself while driving? Yesterday, no lie, I had an entire conversation with my coworkers in my van. A conversation that could've evolved from the day's lunch date. A conversation where coworkers talked about their children being sick all the time. One has the sinus 'junk' all the time, another has had tubes put in, tonsils taken out, adenoids (sp?) removed, etc. Of course, educated as I am about healthy living (eating) and herbal remedies, I just about had to stuff the entire baked potato in my mouth to keep words from escaping. One coworker's child is in First grade. I have seen him on several occasions walking around after school with a Mountain Dew (IYIYIYI). The day my children walk around school with Mountain Dews is the day I have died and someone other than my parents are raising them. So, alone, I replayed the conversation without the potato stuck in my mouth. I asked them how much dairy their children consumed. I also asked them how much sugar did their children consume. Then, I told them that we are the only animal to consume another animal's milk. Crazy, aren't we? Then, I aked them did they know that it only takes 2 soft drinks to completely shut down the immune system for the day? Boy, I was impressive. They gaped at me in shock as would any other person who lives in my city. A city with absolute no regard to health (shudders in disguist).

Of course, none of this happened because I never spoke up. I was the pushover, silent, I-don't-know-anything person that I always am. Only my true friends and family know my true passion for natural living (health and herbs). I am silent about my knowledge in my efforts to blend in in this unnatural city. A city where you are a freak if you eat fruit and are actually your normal weight. Comments like, "You are so skinny" are intended as insults and not compliments.

Well, this has ended up on a negative note. Healthy living!

0 comments: